Development and Marketing Director
The Development and Marketing Director is a results-driven professional focused on increasing brand awareness and financial resources for Friends of Guest House. Working in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Development and Marketing Director will establish Guest House’s fundraising goals and methods to accomplish those goals. The Director is also responsible for helping to build and manage the organization’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications to raise awareness of the organization. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director. Flexible hours are available.
Strategically plan, direct, and manage all aspects of fundraising (annual goal of ~$1 million), public relations, and communications activities on behalf of Guest House including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing an annual comprehensive development plan for individual, corporate, and foundation giving, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines that will achieve budgeted goals in coordination with the overall planning and budgeting process.
- Build relationships with government agencies, corporations, small businesses, foundations, and local community members to build brand awareness and diversify potential funding sources.
- Identify, research, cultivate and solicit gift prospects in support of Guest House initiatives to increase the number of donors and gift amounts; develop and maintain accurate and systematic files on donors and prospects; ensure a system for regular and meaningful recognition of donors; coordinate efforts with Guest House staff, volunteers, and Board.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan for informative, inspiring, timely, and appropriately spaced communications with external constituencies (events, media relations, press releases, social media, annual report, newsletters, etc.); utilize communication plan to regulate constituency contact; coordinate messages with web designer; liaison with community-based organizations; oversee event planning and execution.
- Work in coordination with the volunteer coordinator to create a volunteer structure to support Guest House development efforts; enlist and supervise activities of volunteers in support of Guest House initiatives; oversee volunteer appreciation program.
- Ongoing collaboration with members of the senior management team (Executive Director, Operations Director, Marketing/Development Director, Clinical Director) and all FOGH staff to ensure robust programming and quality assurance.
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Represent Guest House professionally at all times.
- Strive to maintain positive relations with clients, volunteers, co-workers, and the public.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively, and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Treat all individuals with respect and dignity without regard to ethnic background, religious view, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
- Demonstrate team behavior and be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires a bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of five years of successful fundraising experience. Candidates must have excellent presentation skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven success in securing individual, corporate, and grant funding.
- Understanding of general business, financial, and marketing principles required to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for performance, such as pipeline management and forecasting.
- Proficient with computers and utilizing Microsoft Office software.
- Broad knowledge related to the issues facing ex-offenders including substance abuse, mental health, crisis intervention, and community liaison is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience, skill, or interest in nonprofit management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 – $75,000 per year
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location, in person
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org